Saturday, 3 May 2014

Be Creative - May 2014

All sorts of circles -
DELETED IN ERROR BY BOSSYMAMMA
Well, the Be Creative weekend is in full flow. I knew that I would be unlikely to be able to do many of the prompts yesterday but I have been trying to do more today, although I have been somewhat hampered by tiredness.

The first thing I did this morning was to note down each of the prompts that had been issued so far. By doing that I can group together prompts that are closely connected and do them at the same time. Prompts 4, 6, 7 and 9 all related to the sheet of paper which was prepared in prompt 1. 


Hands with coloured and
patterned nails -

DELETED IN ERROR BY BOSSYMAMMA
For prompt 3, we were asked to draw around each hand, without overlapping them. Part of prompt 7 was to add fingernails to the drawing and to colour in or draw shapes on the nails.


Photo of red pepper
For prompt 5, we were shown this photograph of a red pepper. It was suggested that we use it to create a design for any discipline we chose. I decided to use the free Picsart app to manipulate the picture. The first image, below, was taken after I had used the "squeeze" function to move elements of the photograph around.


Picture of the pepper after I had
"squeezed" it in Picsart
The next step I took was to change the colours of the image and have them fade and merge together. This gave a completely different effect, a different 'feel', when looking at the picture.

The colours have been altered
and merged
 
Another effect has been created
After changing the colours, I decided to choose another paper effect. Again, the picture takes on a completely look. These last two stages move the image so that it is unrecognisable from the original red pepper. It's good fun playing with photo editing apps!

I may do some more work on the prompts later today - I'm undecided at the moment. However, unless life gets in the way, I shall certainly do some more tomorrow!

Don't forget, if you would like to join in, it's completely free and there's no obligation. You do as much or as little as you choose. All you need do is click here.




4 comments:

  1. The pepper one looks really good Dina - my technology hasn't stretched yet to using photo-shot things, but yours are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. It's the first time I have managed to save what I have done in Picsart. Usually I lose what I have just done!

      Delete
  2. Love what you have done with the photo of red pepper, especially the "squeezed" one. For some reason I cannot see the top two photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the first two photos - I deleted them in error and haven't kept copies anywhere! Oops!

      Delete